Welcome to Scone Basketball Association
Scone Basketball has been part of our community for over 50 years providing basketball competitions, teaching, training and enjoyment for all male and female participants from 5 to seniors of all ages in a fun, friendly and family environment.
Scone Basketball Next Meeting is TBA
Scone RSL upstairs - Everyone is welcome.
Scone Basketball Committee has held a meeting on the 13th October mapping out a plan for basketball to recommence out of lock down.
- Community sport is expected to be allowed to resume from Monday the 25th October 2021- this is directed by NSW government and may be subject to change.
- Scone Basketball Association will follow strict protocols that are set out by our COVID Safe plan- this is approved and regulated by NSW health.
- This unique season will require proof of double vaccination for any players, parents, volunteers and spectators that are aged 16 years and over that attend the stadium.
- Scone Basketball Association is requesting that anyone who can not provide a Vaccination certifaction prior, that they do not attend the stadium for this season.
- All player and volunteer Vaccination certificates are to be provided to Scone Basketball Association via firstname.lastname@example.org email for our register prior to the commencement of the season.
- Parents and spectators who wish to attend the stadium are also able to provide Vaccination certifacation via email@example.com and be added to the register prior to attending the stadium.
- QR Code sign in, masks and and social distancing rules will continue to apply for stadium entry.
- Scone Basketball is asking for any volunteers that are able to assist with court supervision/scoring/coaching/umpiring to contact the committee .
- Registration is now open and will CLOSE Friday the 22nd of October.
- Proposed competion dates:Basketball NSW registration/court fees to be paid prior to the commencement of the season
- Juniors (including Aussie hoops, mixed age groups and girls) start 25th Oct- finishing week of 13th Dec
- Men’s start 25th Oct- finishing week of 13th Dec
- Senior mixed start 1st November- finishing week of 6th December
- New senior team nomination forms can be found on the scone basketball website along with junior and senior registration links. Team nomination forms to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For any players that paid registration prior to the lockdown and are now unable to participate, potential court fee refund will be evaluated by the committee on a case by case basis. Basketball NSW registration and kids vouchers are unable to be refunded.
Scone Basketball committee is stepping up to the challenges presented for restart and is looking forward to seeing everyone on the court again soon. For any further information please contact the committee via Facebook or email@example.com
Please refer to Scone Fixtures page for details
SENIOR BASKETBALL - Mixed & Men's Comp
Watch this space for information updates
You will need to fill in a team nomination form which you can find on our website below and complete, email to Scone basketball email and make sure all players are registered before registrations close.
Juniors & Aussie Hoops: Danielle Brown 0407 157 645
Seniors: Danielle Fisher 0409 304 525
Mens: Quinton Foxcroft 0439 872 848 or Shawn Ing 0439 880 892
Rules & By Laws have been updated this year to include our NEW MENS COMPETITION.
For enquiries relating to all competitions, please contact the relevant coordinator.
Email Scone Basketball on firstname.lastname@example.org
Basketball NSW continues to work closely with Basketball Australia, NSW Office of Sport, NSW Health and other government agencies as we plan for the full return of basketball in NSW.
Our localised plan for the return of basketball in NSW is in line with the Federal Governments National Principals for the Resumption of Sport, the AIS Framework for Rebooting Sport in a Covid-19 Environment with Basketball Australia’s Return to Basketball Guidelines providing a strong reference point.
We continue to work with Basketball Australia and the other Basketball States and Territories to develop practical working guides for associations to use in enabling basketball activities to be run as soon as possible, we encourage associations to also read Social Distancing & Hygiene Considerations for Basketball and Sport Activities in a Stadium.
We’re all in this together. Let’s be safe and let’s support each other!
Please find the following quick links:
- To find your closest Aussie Hoops Centre Click here
- Scone Basketball Participation Registrations here
- Basketball NSW Website here