2023 BDS Summer Finals
Thursday 30th March
Thanks for keeping
keeping us playing
* Date 2023: Tuesday 16th May (Back Up: Wednesday 17th May)
* Venue: Bald Hill Park Clarinda Melway 78 K:4
* Assemble & introduction to course: 11.00
Marshal 11.30 Races: 11.45 Depart: 2.30
* Actual path / route is subject to change
* BDS Coordinators : Cross-Country team entry on template provided
School Cross Country team entry must be emailed before 1pm one week
prior to the BDS Cross Country carnival.
GENERAL CROSS - COUNTRY INFORMATION:
* Six races will be conducted in the following sequence
Starting with 9/10 (boys/girls), > 11 (boys/girls), > 12/13 (boys/girls)
* Talented or capable 8 year olds may participate in 9/10 age group,
but they are ineligible and DO NOT proceed to Division Cross- Country
* Each school may enter a maximum of 9 participants in each BDS race.
* Races for the 9/10 yo will be approximately 2000m
* Races for the 11 - 12/13 yo will be approximately 3000m.
* We reserve the right to alter the path of cross-country course & race sequence.
* Age groups are determined as at the end of the current school year - December 31st.
* Please note the BDS Cross-Country will go ahead in most weather conditions, provided
it is safe to do so. Staff, students & spectators should come prepared for the weather.
It will be a school-based decision to participate if weather deemed to be a problem.
Schools may bring tents / pavilions, but they must be in good condition and
strongly secured to the ground. It may be necessary to dismantle them in windy conditions
* Only those children who are capable of running the given distance should be entered in .
the cross country.
* Children who are unwell are discouraged from participating.
* Under no circumstances should any children be entered without previously participating in
school based trials or training sessions.
* All team members must wear identification sticker
Stickers will have the following details:- Christian & Surname, School & date of birth.
* Schools providing their own identification stickers must use:- Avery 7163
* All participants must wear their school sport uniform & dress appropriately for the weather.
Dress requirements are set out in the 'SSV Conditions of Competition' - Refer to SSV website.
Spikes, cleats or football boots cannot be worn.
* Students participate in all SSV programs at their own risk.
Families are responsible for their own personal injury / accident insurance.
It is recommended that all students have ambulance cover.
SSV Code of Conduct applies to all students, staff, coaches spectators etc participating in, or attending BDS activities.
Any protests or queries must be lodged immediately with the event coordinator, before the conclusion of the activity.