Register for Aussie Hoops
Is your child aged between 5-10 years old and interested in playing basketball?
Maryborough Basketball Association now offers Aussie Hoops which is Basketball Australia’s official introductory program for 5-10 year olds and their families.
Aussie Hoops provides boys and girls with a fun and safe Basketball experience that serves as an introduction to a lifetime of involvement in the game. In addition to promoting healthy and active lifestyles, the program serves as a platform for social development and inclusion - fostering stronger and more vibrant communities and individuals.
MBA Aussie Hoops
$80 per new participant
(Includes participant pack)
Time: 4:00 pm - 4:50pm...
Venue: MARYBOROUGH Sports & Leisure Centre
12 week session - Friday Nights
7 wk Term 4 2019
Starts: 25 th Oct - 13 th Dec *NB No session on Friday Nov 22 nd due to Energy Breakthrough
5 wk Term 1 2020
Starts: 31st Jan - 28 th Feb
LIMITED TO 20 PARTICIPANTS ONLY
Closing date for registration:
Monday 14 th October 2019
BENEFITS FOR CHILDREN
• Children learn the fundamental motor skills for future physical activity and sports participation;
• Children learn the basics of fitness conditioning, muscle management and well-being;
• Children learn the importance of health and nutrition;
• Important physiological and mental skills are nurtured;
• Respect for others as well as social, team work and cooperation skills are developed;
• Contact with coaches, ambassadors, older children and parents provides valuable role modelling;
• Children are exposed to multi-functional environments creating greater self-confidence;
• Physically active children are more attentive, have a more efficient memory and better problem solving skills;
• Children are coached and encouraged by accredited and periodically assessed coaches;
• Children are exposed to the Australian Basketball pathway from Aussie Hoops through to the elite level; and
BENEFITS FOR PARENTS
• Convenient, local opportunities for safe, quality time with your child and family;
• The opportunity to engage with children and other families in a common setting;
• Greater social contact and interaction;
• Opportunities to become actively involved in program delivery; and
• Periodic and consistent activity for the whole family.
Each child will receive a participation pack;