DONCASTER BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION
Once a player has been registered for a season, refunding of that registration is not permitted, and the club conforms with most other associations in retaining the registration fee if a player withdraws after registration.
Registering to play denotes an ongoing commitment for the season and is relied upon by the club to carry out significant pre-season administration and selection process. Player withdrawals after registration are disruptive to team selection/coaches and create considerable work for co-ordinators. Fill ins from other younger age teams are often required causing additional work and stress for the team managers and administrators and place the club at risk of incurring walkover fines.
The club will only refund fees if the withdrawal is due to extenuating circumstances that are medically related and can be sustained by a doctor’s certificate. (A $60 administration fee will be deducted from the refund).
For the avoidance of doubt, refunds are not given for:
- Dislike of the team into which the player has been selected
- Dislike of the allocated coach
- Unavailability to train at the allocated time/day
- Preferences not being met eg: not playing with friends
- Dislike of the grade in which the team is playing in
- Dislike of the low team number designated
- Other sport/social commitments
- Change of mind by players/parents
- Parent/coach given lower ranked team than expected