Training tonight / COVID-19 as at 16 March 2020
Following guidelines from Football Victoria as attached, training can take place tonight. Further information will be provided later tonight from the committee.
FFA have confirmed that grassroots football, including all levels of the National Premier Leagues and FFA Cup Preliminary Rounds, may continue to be played at this time in line with Government advice, but with additional measures implemented to further reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection or transmission through the football community, including recommended hygiene measures and appropriate social distancing at football matches.
Further information from Football Victoria can be found here.
Please make sure you follow recommended hygiene measures and appropriate social distancing.
Ten ways to reduce your risk of coronavirus
* Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with paper towel or hand dryer.
* Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
* Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
* Isolate yourself at home if you feel sick. If you take medication ensure you have adequate supplies.
* Phone your GP first if you need medical attention. They will tell you what to do.
* Continue healthy habits: exercise, drink water, get plenty of sleep, and now is the time to quit smoking. Call the Quitline 137 848.
* Don't wear a face mask if you are well.
* Buy an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with over 60 per cent alcohol.
* Get the flu shot (available April).
* Shaking hands is not allowed!
Comment Guidelines: The SportsTG Network is made up of players, families and passionate sports followers like you who have a strong opinion about sport. That's great - we want you to have your say and share your thoughts with the world. However, we have a few rules that you must follow to keep it fun for all. Please don't be rude, abusive, swear or vilify others. Apart from some pretty serious sport sanctions, we also can ban you and report you if things get out of hand. So play fair and have fun, and thanks for your contribution.