URGENT NOTICE: COVID Update - 2 September 2021
As per the most recent ACT Government announcement, the ACT lockdown has been extended for a further two weeks until 17th September, with some additional relaxing of protocols that relate to sport and recreation. This includes increasing the outdoor group gatherings to 5 people, and the allowance of exercising away from the home has been extended to 2hrs.
NOT PERMITTED: organised group or for-profit gatherings
- small group trainings
- small group shoot-arounds
- individual coaching sessions
If the club is advised of any organised activities such as those listed above, they will be shut down immediately as they are not in accordance with the ACT Government protocols. We need to do our part to ensure we keep our community safe and not in lockdown any longer than necessary.
In lieu of the recent ACT lockdown announcement, Basketball ACT have revised their return to competition planning to better suit the new lockdown environment. Please be reminded that all planning will be contingent on the specific details of when and how lockdown is released.
Please see the summary below and further details in the attaced notice from BACT.
- Junior and Senior winter competitions to return to play.
- Remaining round games to be played out.
- Finals format to include Semi Finals and Grand Finals for all competitions.
- Competitions must be completed by 26 November 2021.
- Competitions to recommence following a phased approach to return to play for players safety.
- Junior and Senior summer competitions contingent on recommencement date of winter competitions.
- Revised format implemented if winter competitions don't recommence by 9/10 October.
- Team registrations and nomination dates to be extended (TBA).
- 3x3 competitions scheduled for September are cancelled.
- 3x3 competitions scheduled across summer to go ahead as per health guidelines.
Stay up to date with BACT announcements: https://www.basketballact.com.au/news/
Please remember to keep updated with the ACT Government COVID-19 information: http://www.covid19.act.gov.au/