Return to training and competition - training sessions and COVID safety
We are thrilled that our Dodgers are now starting to return to training and (very soon) competition, as the lockdown lifts and we can play out the Winter 2021 season!
As we return to training and competitions, please read Basketball ACT's COVID safety requirements (attached) that Dodgers players, parents and coaches will need to adhere to in the weeks ahead.
Indoor training sessions for your team
By now, you should have heard from your team's team manager or coach as to initial training sessions that are available to Dodgers teams at either the Tuggeranong Stadium or Wesley Church as part of the return to play. Please see the schedule attached. We hope to announce a return to additional training venues shortly.
IMPORTANT - some coaches are unable to make it to their allocated training sessions due to clashes with other commitments. If you have not heard from your coach or team manager as to whether your session is occurring (or isn't) please reach out to them before heading to the venue to ensure your session is on.
Return to training at the usual school venues - to be advised
We continue to liaise with the relevant authorities with regards to a return to training at those school gyms we use for Dodgers training. Please keep an eye on your email inbox and our social media for more information as it comes to hand.
COVID Safe training and competitions
Please see the attached document regarding Basketball ACT rules around COVID safe return to training and play, effective from 29 October. Please note this information is applicable for both training and competitions.
Key things to note:
- If anyone is feeling unwell or has cold/flu like symptoms do not attend basketball
- Maximum of 500 participants within a venue
- People over 12 years old who are not taking part in vigorous activity will need to always wear a face mask at training/games. Those removing a face mask for activity will need to put a face mask on once the activity is completed and as they are exiting the venue.
- Referees, players and head coaches do not need to wear a face mask while participating in activity. All other members of the team bench and score table are required to always wear a face mask.
- Check in via the CBR Check In app is mandatory for everyone over the age of 16 years.
- All patrons are requested to sanitise upon entry and exit of the venue.
- Equipment including basketballs must be sanitised prior to use and at the end of sessions/games using DISINFECTANT wipes. Wipes must be disposed of after using the venue bins provided.
- Score table will need to wipe down the score bench at the end of each game
- Referees will wipe down the basketballs at the end and beginning of each game
- Team managers are required to wipe down the team benches (disinfectant wipes will be located on all score benches) at the end of each game
- Physical distancing of 1.5m is strongly encouraged when moving around the venue. Coaches and players are reminded when approaching referees or the score table to maintain a 1.5m physical distance when asking questions or seeking information.
Some further information for parents:
- A single (1) parent/carer is allowed to attend in all settings where juniors are training/playing. They will need to physically distance and wear a face mask.
- Basketball ACT advocates the principles of 'GET IN, Play, GET OUT' for all sessions. Arrive and leave as close as possible to when you need to be at your activity.
- Before arriving, please ensure your are dressed appropriately for your activities - there will be no access to changerooms at Basketball ACT venues.
Venue attendance zones:
- BACT will have some space limitation and attendance zones for players and parents - up to 25 participants (excluding staff) can be in each outdoor zone (refer to venue map in guidelines)
- Participants will be allocated a zone/court upon arrival to the venue. Parents/carers are not to enter the court/zone participant area and are requested to physically distance in the parent zones. Refer to the venue map for further details on the zone locations.
- There will be separate entry and exit points for our basketball venues. Basketball ACT is requesting all teams not to hang around the venue for too long at the end of games and Basketball ACT staff will be requesting people to head towards the venue exits at the end of each game.
Basketball ACT Staff will be at the facility to assist with providing a COVID Safe environment for everyone. If you have any questions, please approach the Member Service Officer (MSO) or Bio-security Officer who will be able to assist you.
We are looking forward to seeing you all back on the courts soon!
Best wishes from your Dodgers committee