Team Manager Info
Firstly our Team Managers recieve a 25% discount on their child's fees in the team they are managing for. This is in recognition for the effort put in during the season.
The Team Manager is a crucial role in the organisation and smooth running of the Club and each team. While the Committee have oversight of the general running of the Club we rely on Team Managers to undertake the running of each team.
The Coach focuses on skills development and game day, the Team Manager administers the team and makes sure players are registered and information from the Committee is passed on.
Coach + Team Manager + Parent Support = Partnership to a successfully run Wembley Team
The role of the Team Manager includes:
- Accepting New Players – A Team Manager needs to first check the waiting list held by the Registrar to see if there are any children waiting to enter a team
- Expression of Interest – Families who would like their children to play basketball need to send a request to the Registrar who will review and add them to the waiting list
- Online registration Form – When a child is accepted into a team the family will need to register and pay the appropriate registration and uniform fees
- Ensure that all team members have completed the online WJBC Registration for the season, have paid their registration and have the correct uniform.
- Ensure all players' fees are paid up before Round 4. If a player has not made payment by Round 4 they are not insured and therefore cannot play. (A text message reminding families to pay usually helps).
- Work closely with the Coach.
- Ensure team members know how to find the fixture and any changes to game times etc.
- Establish a game roster noting the family responsible for scoring each week
- Ensure the Coaches name is on the front of the score sheet. (If the coaches name does not appear on the front of the score sheet the Association will deduct a point from the ladder points)
- Ensure that before the start of each game all team member number and names have been written on the back of the score sheet and that all team members have signed their name. This is used by the Association to determine who is eligible to play finals
- If you have a child filling in for your team, please ensure you fill out their details on the back of the score sheet and send an email to email@example.com with player details (name, DOB, address, team). Please note: Players who are not registered to play and who have not paid fees will not be able to play finals
- If your team reaches the finals Wembley will forward the finals fixture to your email address. You are then required to ring the Altona Stadium to confirm the time and which court the final will be held on and communicate same to your team members
- Ensure that you have a current Working with Children Check and Member Protection Declaration and that your card is on you at all times.
- Ensure that you carry details to the games that has your player’s Registration Forms. This is in case of emergencies ie: Medical or injuries.
- Notify the Registrar of any changes to your team list as they occur. (Players exiting, new players starting, email or address changes, or if a player in your team becomes a Representative Player etc)
Code of Conduct/Behaviour
Team Managers should be aware of and agree to the general Code of Conduct the Club volunteers abide by. Please review the code of conduct and make sure you also adhere to it when involved with the Club at training, games and any other Wembley Junior Basketball Club events.
To effectively deal with concerns or grievances that occur at all levels of Club activity, the Club is committed to fair, just and confidential handling of grievances and concerns. All issues should firstly be directed to the Team Manager, or Coach. The person with the concern must speak to the Team Manager or Coach themselves. If there is no satisfactory result then the President of the Club is to be notified, either by telephone, writing or email.
Jade Wisely: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Club Committee is here to assist so please don't hesitate to contact a Committee member if you need any assistance or guidance.