The coach and/or the holder of the WWCC must have their name on the front of the score sheet at every game. Failure to do will result in points being stripped from the offending team.
Coaching for coaches
Occasionally courses are run by Altona and Westgate Associations to build coaching skills amongst the competition. These will be advertised by the Club when available.
Coaches/Volunteers/Parents Code of Conduct/Behaviour
This code of conduct is relevant to all volunteers. Some aspects are coach specific (6 and 9) but the value of each must be supported by all our volunteers, parents and players.
- Display control, respect and professionalism to all involved in the sport. This includes opponents, Coaches, officials, administrators, the media, parents and spectators. Encourage players to do the same.
- Never ridicule or yell at a young player for making a mistake or not coming first.
- Be reasonable in your demands on players‟ time, energy and enthusiasm.
- Operate within the rules and spirit of your sport and teach your players to do the same.
- Ensure that the time players spend with you is a positive experience. All young players are deserving of equal attention and opportunities.
- Avoid over playing the talented players; the average need and deserve equal time.
- Ensure that equipment and facilities meet safety standards and are appropriate to the age and ability of all players.
- Show concern and caution toward sick and injured players. Follow the advice of a physician when determining whether an injured player is ready to recommence training or competition.
- Obtain appropriate qualifications and keep up to date with the latest coaching practices and the principles of growth and development of young people.
- Any physical contact with a young person should be appropriate to the situation and necessary for the player‟s skill development.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Young people participate for pleasure and winning is only part of the fun.