Centrals Junior Football Club Inc.
Home – Bill O’Callaghan Oval, H P Barr Reserve, Wangaratta.
Welcome to the Centrals JFC, affiliated with the Wangaratta & DJFL.
- Centrals Junior Football Club will always hold fairness and sportsmanship above on field success.
- The safety and well being of our players is paramount to our culture.
- We aim to support and develop all our players in their formative years.
- We want all of our players lives to be positively enriched through their experience of playing with the Hawks.
- We aim to be a well managed, sustainable club so that we can continue to provide the best available resources to our coaches and players.
- Our club will always rely heavily on the contribution of volunteers to fill many positions.
- Our volunteers will always be held in the highest esteem and their positions respected by all members.
Club Executive Roles
- Vice President
- Committee of 6
- Under 16 Coach
- Under 16 Team Manager
- Under 14 Coach
- Under 14 Team Manager
- Under 12 Coach
- Under 12 Team Manager
- U/12: Monday 5 to 6pm at Bill O’Callaghan Oval.
- U/14: Monday & Wednesday 5 to 6pm
- U/16: Monday & Wednesday 4:30 to 6pm
Fees: 2021 Registrtion Fee - $110.00
A Canteen roster will be prepared and circulated to cover our duties for our home games. If you cannot honour the timeslot allocated, it is your responsibility to organise a swap or replacement.
You will be primarily heating & serving food, handling money, etc. You will be rostered on with another family on that day too.
- U/12’s: 8.50 – 10.15am
- U16; 12.30 – 2.30pm
Match day duties include -
- goal umpire
- scoring / timekeeper
- central umpiring,
- sports trainer
- boundary umpiring x 2
- Scoreboard attendant – (home games only)
- water carrier x 2
Contact Team Managers if you can help out.
Players need to be at venue one hour before the game for warm ups.
- U/12: Games duration - 4 x 15 minute quarters
- U/14: Game Duration - 4 x 20 minute quarters
- U/16: Game Duration - 4 x 20 minute quarters
Each player’s parents will be informed at training or via email (according a roster) to bring oranges for players to share at half time. (10 oranges cut in 1⁄4’s please).
The club supplies each player with a Match Day Jumper (Brown & Gold strips). It needs to be returned to the each Team Manager at season’s completion.
Players need to purchase their own football shorts and socks. Local sports shops stock team colors. If you wish to wear compression shorts; they must be skin toned only.
At various times in the past, the club has had a variety of club merchandise items for sale, such as -
- Training singlet top
- Polo shirts
- Caps (Baseball style)
- Currently the club has a training T shirt top for sale at - $30/each
Mouth guards are available from sports stores and are compulsory. Refer to our club's policy at -
2019 - CJFC Mouthguard Policy.
There may be some second hand boots, shorts available – details to be emailed once a stock take has been performed
Club Insurance Policy:
We have insurance via JLT Sport Insurance at – https://afl.jltsport.com.au/community.aspx
Code of Conduct:
The Centrals Football Club is committed to upholding the AFL / VCFL Code of Conduct. As such, you (& your Family) will be required to also sign a document; agreeing to the same behavioral standards.
Click on above Code of Conduct heading to view policy.
Your Email Address:
Like all other Clubs nowadays, we rely on electronic messaging as a simple and cost effective means of broadcasting information to our members via a weekly newsletter.
1st January, 2021.