Ashwood Junior Football Refund Policy
Written By: Jo Reid / Dale Wain
Approved By: Rick Loveless (President)
Endorsed By: AJFC Committee, December12th, 2018
Date for Review: 2020 or as required
This policy was written to provide clarity on the refund of membership fees requested by parents.
It is the AJFC Committee of Management (CoM) role to ensure sound financial practises are in place, this includes any requests for the refund of fees. The CoM recognises that at times there are valid reason for families to ask for a refund and as such the following policy will be adhered to.
- Any request for a refund of fees in full or part thereof must be put in writing with the reason for the refund to the AJFC President or Secretary
- All written refund requests will be submitted at the next AJFC CoM meeting to be considered in confidence.
- The outcome of any request will be noted in the minutes and the Treasurer will contact the family to request bank details for a transfer of funds to be completed.
- A full refund except for the fees payable to third parties, such as but not limited to SportsTG 3.9% will be granted up to 2 weeks prior to the start of round 1.
- Within 2 weeks of round 1 commencing a 75% refund will be honoured if requested.
- If a refund is requested within the grading games period, a 50% refund will be honoured.
- Any request for a pro-rata refund after grading will only be considered in extreme circumstances and will be at the discretion of the AJFC Executive Committee.
- If a refund for a player is a new player in the given year the refund is requested, and they have been issued for a Hoodie ($45) the amount of the apparel item will be deducted from the fees.
- A refund will only be paid when the playing top is returned in a satisfactory condition.
- Once the fees are refunded the player is made inactive and is not able to play with the club in that season unless fees are repaid.
AJFC: Ashwood Junior Football Club
AJFC Executive: President / Secretary / Treasurer
Committee of Management: Include the executive and other committee positions
Reviewing this policy
This policy will be reviewed every two years or as required, and we undertake to seek views, comments and suggestions from children, parents, carers, staff and volunteers involved in the Club.