Ashwood Junior Football Registration of Players Policy
Written By: Jo Reid / Dale Wain
Approved By: Rick Loveless (President)
Endorsed By: AJFC Committee, December12th, 2018
Date for Review: 2019 or as required
This policy was written to provide clarity on the registration process of players.
It is the AJFC Committee of Management (CoM) role to ensure sound financial practises are in place and that fees are set prior to November 1st of each year. The AJFC CoM is responsible for ensuring we have adequate numbers across all age groups and to ensure registrations and promotion of our teams is performed adequately prior to the start of the season. The policy for player registration is as follows.
- The AJFC Secretary will post the new registration form online by November 1st for the upcoming season
- Families will receive an automatic renewal email twice prior to Christmas, also once in January and then twice in February. Only families who have not registered continue to receive these automatic emails.
- If after February 28th there are past members not enrolled, the Secretary, Team Manager or Coach will contact the family to see if they are returning.
- All players must be registered online, and payment is made at the time of registering. If payment is not able to be paid at the time of registering due to financial reasons families must contact the Secretary to discuss a payment plan.
- The AJFC CoM has approved a fee reduction for more than 1 sibling playing in a family.
The 2019 fees are:
$200 1st Child
$185 2nd Child
$170 3rd Child +
- Registration fees cover SMJFL affiliation fees, Insurance, Umpires and AJFC running costs
- Parent / Carers of first year players in any age group must email a scanned copy of their child’s birth certificate or passport to the AJFC Secretary
- No player can play in any SMJFL game for AJFC until they are registered and financial, due to insurance reasons.
- Registration refunds, please refer to the Refund Policy
- Payment Plan, please refer to the Payment Plan policy
AJFC: Ashwood Junior Football Club
AJFC Executive: President / Secretary / Treasurer
Committee of Management: Include the executive and other committee positions
Reviewing this policy
This policy will be reviewed annually or as required, and we undertake to seek views, comments and suggestions from children, parents, carers, staff and volunteers involved in the Club.