MULTICULTURAL AND INDIGENOUS PLAYER SUBSIDY
As part of the AFL’s strategy to encourage diversity in our game, AFL NSW/ACT’s Multicultural and Indigenous Programs offer financial assistance to young people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CaLD) and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) backgrounds to get involved in Australian football, where the cost of participating is prohibitive.
To apply for the Player Subsidy, participants must comply with the following criteria:
• Players must be Multicultural or Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander – see definition for multicultural below
• Players must be aged between 5-18 years
• Players must be registered in Club Football (NSW/ACT)
• Players must be financially disadvantaged – see below for an explanation
• Subsidy application forms plus letters of support must be submitted by a Club Representative
• Subsidy must only cover club registration fees and/or player uniforms (shorts, jersey, socks)
• Subsidy application forms must be submitted by April 30, 2014
• Players receiving the subsidy must participate in AFL NSW/ACT Combine Testing in 2014
• The AFL NSW/ACT will accept a maximum of 5 applications from each club
Multicultural is defined as a player born overseas in a non-English speaking country Financially Disadvantaged
The AFL NSW/ACT defines financially disadvantaged as:
• Parent/Guardians who receive government benefits
• Low income earners & single parents receiving less than $40K per annum
• Refugees/Asylum Seekers
Consideration will be given to other circumstances on a case by case basis.
Letters of support outlining each applicants financial circumstances must be submitted with each application. The letter must be signed by the Club President and Parent/Guardian.
Subsidy Payment(s) Structure
AFL NSW/ACT will provide subsidises to individual players involved in club football for up to three years. New applications must be submitted each year.
Please refer to the below table for an explanation of the payment structure:
1st year Registration Fees + Uniform = $100 per application
2nd year Registration Fees + Uniform = $75 per application
3rd year Registration Fees + Uniform = $50 per application
Application & Payment Process
The Subsidy Application Process will open on February 1, 2014 and close on April 30, 2014.
No applications will be accepted after the closing date except under special circumstances.
To apply, please follow the process below:
Step 1: Download Subsidy Application Form
Step 2: Submit a completed Subsidy Application Form plus supporting letter to email@example.com
Step 3: Successful applicants will be notified via email within 4 weeks of submitting the form
Step 4: AFL Clubs will be required to provide a tax invoice, if successful
Step 5: AFL NSW/ACT will process payment once the tax invoice has been received
Step 6: All successful applications will be notified on combine testing in their region
If you have questions or require further information, please contact:
Katriina Heikkanen, Indigenous Program Manager
Mobile: 0404 090 598
Nickie Flambouras, Multicultural Program Manager
Mobile: 0413 699 181