2022 comp format and AGM update
Mungavin competition - Saturday
- We will continue to have the championship competition. This worked well for its first year and supports our plans to have a pathway into the premier grade.
- We will introduce a new competition of championship-reserve. All college and adult teams at Mungavin will compete together in the Grading rounds and then only the lower graded college teams will make up the Championship Reserve. Adult teams will not be in this competition. Although it was mixed (adults/college) this year, it was always our intention to have a space for our rangatahi who want to play against their own peer group.
- Depending on numbers of teams registered, there will be 3 – 4 weeks of grading, 10 weeks of competition, play offs for junior and championship reserve, and ANZ-final format for Championship
- Preliminary dates are 7 – 28 May grading rounds, 8 June – 20 August for competition rounds and 27 August – 10 September finals.
- We will continue to have a Saturday social grade.
Te Rauparaha competition – Tuesday / Wednesday
- We will hold a pre-season tournament in early 2022 for entry into the TRA competition. This is to ensure that we have the right competition and placings.
- Due to promotion and delegations in 2021, this has impacted on a few teams. I will be in contact to talk to those affected as soon as possible.
- We are constrained by the availability of the Arena who choose to take full paying bookings ahead of community bookings. Our key approach (and what you wanted in survey feedback) is to have consistency in the playing days each week. This means that we are still considering a few options. This includes paying full price, identifying other locations to supplement TRA (e.g school gyms), playing all competition at Mungavin, reducing the competition by five weeks, or starting earlier. I will let you know the outcome of our discussions as soon as possible.
- We have managed to secure some Tuesday nights at TRA and depending on interest we would like to introduce an indoor social and indoor mixed grade. This will give other options to our social teams who currently only have the option of playing on Saturday.
Once further discussions are had with key providers, information will be shared with you.
Please set aside 15 March 2022 for our annual AGM and a reminder that we are looking for staff to administer the centre, coordinate and develop our game. Information is on our KMNC website. I would appreciate it if you could share this within your clubs, schools and within your networks.
On behalf of the Board, I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and relaxing Holiday Season.
Aroha Marsh | President |Kapi Mana Netball Centre