Trainee Jobs - apply today!
Do you want to help others develop a love of sport?
Are you a confident communicator who is interested in building a career in sport?
Are you looking for flexible part-time work and a paid study opportunity?
PMBA is looking for two trainee coaches to join our Development Team
- Part-time flexible work approximately 15-20 hours a week including 3 paid study hours
- Complete a Certificate III in Sports Coaching, through TAFE distance education
- You will work with the Development Officer and Representative Coaching team to deliver the Aussie Hoops, Introduction to Basketball, Sporting Schools and assist coaches with representative and domestic games.
What we are looking for?
To be successful in the trainee coach role you need to be:
- Kind, intelligent, and a confident communicator
- Required to be flexible and able to work after school / evenings and some weekends
- Physically fit and co-ordinated
- Excited to help people to grow and achieve
- Professional and well-presented
It's even better (but not essential) if you have:
- Knowledge and experience in the game of basketball
- Teaching, coaching or instruction experience or willingness to learn
- Customer service or administration experience
What hours will you work?
- The program is flexible and varied pending numbers of players who register in the Under5 - Under12 programs, the funding that local primary schools have to bring in basketball coaches and sessions coordinated wiht the representative program.
- As a minimum you will work 15 hours a week, predominantly after school 2 or 3 days and one day during school time.
- You get three paid hours a week to work on your Certificate III studies.
PMBA will pay $20 a hour, which is above award trainee rate.
How to apply?
- Download and read the Position Descritpion from this page
- Write a brief cover letter that addresses these four questions
- What are your strengths as a coach / mentor and how would they help strengthen PMBA?
- Do you have experience working in a team environment? Why do you think this is/ or is not important in this role?
- What experience do you have in the sports and recreation field?
- What skills do you have in communication, administration or customer service
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Applications Close 5pm Monday 22 November, 2021
If you have questions or want to learn more about the role please contactRobert LintonDevelopment OfficerPort Macquarie Basketball Association0411587917