Basketball News Update
Some great news articles about basketball!
- How 'role model' Mills is keeping Australian spirits high—Australian Boomers and San Antonio Spurs star Patty Mills has gone above and beyond to help improve morale in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak. (Jonathan Bernard, SBS News)
- When Olympic dreams, coronavirus and retirement plans collide—after the decision was finally made to postpone the Tokyo Olympic Games due to the coronavirus epidemic, Opals captain Jenna O'Hea had to grapple with several complex emotions. (Niall Seewang, espn.com.au)
- Kelly Loeffler: the WNBA owner against everything the league stands for—the Republican senator wants to keep politics out of sports. But her views on everything from guns to abortion are alienating many fans. (Britni de la Cretaz, The Guardian)
- FIBA's Executive Committee confirms global calendar update—the most recent Central Board meeting confirmed the suspension of all FIBA competitions, which occurred on March 13, and also delegated the FIBA Executive Committee to make any necessary adjustments to the FIBA Calendar initially approved by the Central Board in 2015, following the change of dates to the Tokyo Olympic Games. (FIBA)
- NBA has '25-day plan' to get ready—the NBA may not know when -- or if -- play will resume this season, but the league reportedly has a plan to get players into game shape and onto the court should that day come. (AAP/WWOS)
Last Modified on 14/04/2020 22:34