Is there something footy related you’ve always wanted to know more about? Perhaps something related to running your club or something from a performance point of view?
Upon the postponement of regular seasons and the International Cup, AFL Canada set about organising a series of webinars to assist players and club officials with these very queries. And even though some leagues and team trainings were able to resume the virtual learnings have continued.
Those who tuned in were lucky enough to be educated by guest speakers of the very highest calibre, see the full list below.
AFL Canada would like to extend a huge thank you to those who gave up their time to guest host, and those who attended and took part in the webinars series.
If you'd like to learn a bit more about Footy or running a footy club via one of these webinars, recordings are available - reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
List of Webinars & Guest Hosts:
- Playing Footy in Australia -Kendra heil & Clay Lund (Team Canada National Players)
- Social Media and Branding for AFLC Clubs - Dr Michael Naraine (Professor, Brock University)
- Concussion Education for Community Clubs - Parachute Canada & the Ottawa Sports Council
- Playing Footy at the elite level - Breanna Keonan (Player, Brisbane Lions - AFLW)
- High Performance Fitness - David Misson (Former Head of Fitness, Melbourne Demons - AFL)
- Building Junior Footy Clubs in Canada - Jarrod Moore (Calgary Kangaroos Junior AFC)
- Sports Psychology - Dr Justine Stynes (Australian Catholic University, Sydney)
- Fundraising & Sponsorship for AFLC Clubs - Owen Welsh (VP of Global Partnerships, CFL)
- Good Governance for AFLC Clubs - Milena Parent (Professor, University of Ottawa)
- Sports Nutrition - Landon Hong (Dietician, TFC - MLS)
- AFL Skill Development (Kicking) - Damian Carrol (Head of Development, Hawthorn FC - AFL)
- AFL Defensive Principles - Nick Rutley (Assistant Coach, North Melbourne - AFLW)
Thank you again to all guest hosts for giving up their time to help develop footy in Canada.
There are more webinars to come so if you’ve got a topic you’d like added to this list, feel free to email email@example.com.
If you're interested in watching full games of Footy or highlights of games to learn more about the game - head to the AFL Canada Youtube Channel
Last Modified on 07/10/2020 01:32