Football Geelong, in conjunction with AFL Victoria, will run a 6 week football program and competition for girls aged 9-12, starting on June 24.
With Football Geelong's U18 Youth Girls competition thriving, junior girls have been increasingly expressing interest in playing the game also. The new competition will provide girls with some skill development and training prior to weekly games.
U12 Junior Girls games will be held alongside Football Geelong's U18 Youth Girls competition on Sundays. This will provide younger girls with an opportunity to view the female pathway in action, as well as having access to coaching from some of Geelong's most promising Youth Girls players.
Girls are encouraged to make contact with Football Geelong to express their interest, however they can come down on the day to register and play.
All girls who play in the first season will be given a free football.
Details for matches are:
- Sunday 24th June - 10am - Winter Reserve, Glyn St, Belmont
- 1st July - 10am - Winter Reserve, Glyn St, Belmont
- 22nd July - 10am - Leopold Football Ground, Melaluka Road, Leopold
- 29th July - 10am - Winter Reserve, Glyn St, Belmont
- 5th August - 10am - Winter Reserve, Glyn St, Belmont
- 12th August - 10am - Winter Reserve, Glyn St, Belmont
For more information & registration details contact:
Last Modified on 14/06/2012 11:42