Welcome to SAABL
Welcome to the SA Amateur Basketball League.
Add the Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/saabl
Nominations for 2021 Season now closed. If you are a player looking for a team register your name here https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SAABLFreeAgents. Open until 24th April.
The South Australian Amateur Basketball League (SAABL) is a Basketball Association based in Adelaide, South Australia. SAABL is a community focused non-profit Incorporated Association organised by volunteers to support the administration and promotion of amateur Saturday basketball competition in metropolitan South Australia run with an open and transparent governance structure under its Constitution to support South Australian amateur basketball.
SAABL will organise and promote a Saturday basketball multi-division competition for senior (over 18) men. Competition will be open to all of the South Australian basketball community. All Clubs (with multiple teams) and teams (single teams) will be welcomed join the SAABL.
SAABL is an alternative to District Basketball that is well run, competitive and enjoyable to participate in.
The SAABL Vision is one to provide an open and inclusive, well officiated and administrated amateur basketball competition on Saturday afternoons in metropolitan Adelaide.
2021 Season starts on May 1 - with a 13-15 week regular season and three week finals series starting in late August.
Games will be played at two of the best Stadiums in South Australia – the PAC Red Centre in Kent Town and the St Peters Sports Centre in Hackney.
What is different about the SAABL?
- SAABL will be open to all clubs and teams in South Australia (no red tape) – you have a team or a club, you are in.
- Games held on Saturday between 1-6pm with games in 1 hour game slots (allowing for a good warm up, game stoppages and overtime)
- Great referees, lead by fAustralian Hall of Fame referee Greg Love, in the state will officiate the games, with common sense and allowing the games to flow at the core. Higher divisions will have the highest graded referees.
- Registration fee of $200 per team inclusive of player registration
- Single price ticketing per team - $80 per game (instead of tickets for each player)
- 4 x 10 minute quarters
- Overtime for all tied games (not just finals)
- Timeouts stop the clock and the clock will stop for all whistles in the final 3 minutes.
- For the 2021 season, prizemoney for both Division 1 and Division 2 - thanks to our generous sposorship from Chemology.
- Referees will vote at the end of the game 3-2-1 for the best players of the game with an MVP to be awarded at the end of the season.
- Perpetual trophies for Divisional Champions, MVP of the competition and Grand Final MVP
- Scores, Ladders and Players stats will be live – no waiting for fixture and scores to be updated
- Chemology - Major Sponsor for Division 1 and 2
Chemology is a proudly South Australian chemical manufacturer producing fairly-priced, toll blending services and high quality water treatment chemicals for a wide range of industries and applications nationwide.
Contact Person: Ben Palk – Executive Officer
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/saabl
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.comsaamateurbasketballleague
- Patron - Kevin Brooks
- Chairman - Sean Heylen
- Deputy Chairman - Rohan Seigel
- Secretary – Ben Bishop
- Treasurer – Billy Wilson
- Media - Cameron Ottenhoff