BECOMING AN UMPIRE
Congratulations, by reading this page you are taking the first important step to become a softball umpire! There are many reasons to start umpiring, it might be to help your club, spend time with your friends or family, aim to extend your playing career or you just love softball and want to get more involved. Whatever your reason, welcome to the Blue Crew, we are glad you’re here!
Before you get started to become an official umpire of softball, here is some information that might help you understand the role of an umpire and what you need to know:
- Umpires need to keep good fitness levels for the role
- You will need to know the basic skills involved in playing softball as you will need to umpire on throwing, catching, fielding a ball, hitting and moving between bases.
- It is helpful to have an understanding of the basic softball rules and terminology
- Umpires need to be familiar with member policies and guideline related to umpires
Each Association in NSW has a committee member responsible for umpiring. Reach out to your local association to find out who is the Association Umpire In Chief (UIC) / Umpires Coordinator
The Softball NSW Umpires Association is also available to help.
Contact: Vicki Lansley (Association Secretary) email@example.com
JOIN THE SNSW UMPIRES ASSOCIATION
Joining the Softball NSW Umpires Association means you will be joining our umpiring family and becoming part of a culture that is passionate about achieving success on and off the diamond.
Membership is available to accredited umpires, unaccredited umpires who umpire regularly at your association and umpire supporters.
UNIFORM AND EQUIPMENT
Click here for the umpire uniform and equipment
LEVEL 1 REQUIREMENTS
To achieve Level 1, here are the things you need to do:
Read Full Level 1 Requirements here
LEVEL 1 UMPIRE MANUAL
The Level 1 manual offers important information including:
- Become an umpire
- Accreditation Tasks
- Rules Knowledge
- On Diamond Mechanics
- Two Umpire Rotation System
Download the Full Level 1 Manual here