Junior Domestic Basketball Comp
About the PIDBA Junior Domestic Basketball Competition
- Mondays - U10 boys, U12 boys, U14 boys, U16 boys and U20 boys
- Tuesdays - U10 girls, U12 girls, U14 girls and U16/18 girls
PIDBA runs an Autumn and Spring season cycle. Autumn commences in February and Spring in September.
Expressions of Interest
If you have missed the start of a season and would like to play in the following season, please email your expressions of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be placed on the email list once registrations open for the new season.
See Fixtures/Results on PlayHQ Phillip Island & District Basketball page.
- Boys and Girls team lists - for the current season team lists, please see the Document Links page on this website.
- Team singlets: will be provided and must be returned at the end of the season
- Shorts: Players supply their own shorts. They should wear black or navy basketball shorts. If you do not have a pair, please wear black or navy shorts.
U10s, U12s and U14s are offered 9 Skills Sessions at San Remo Recreation Centre on Wednesdays. Your skills coach is Justin Edwards.
Please see the Document Links page on this website for skills session dates for our current season.
Please see the Document Links page on this website. This also includes the Mercy Rule.
PIDBA will have existing and new green shirt referees each season who are Level 0 along with our stripe shirt referees. No referees, no games, so it is important that coaches, players and spectators appreciate what a tough job it is to referee a game. Green shirts are new referees, so please be respectful. That of course applies for our striped shirt referees too.
Please let the competition coordinator know if a player will be absent. Likewise if you are coaching a team, please advise the competition coordinator when you will be away. It is a team sport so it is VERY important that players come to every game unless injured, unwell or away.
Venue Code of Conduct
It is very important that players, parent/guardians and spectators read the code of conduct information. Please see the Document Links page on this website.
Car Parking **IMPORTANT**
Please ensure you park in the correct parking area. Please park in the main car parking area and NOT in the rear entrance car park.
Thank you to all the parents who have put their hand up to coach this season.
Working With Children Check
Tips for Coaches
- Equal Court Time: With the junior domestic competition it is all about ensuring that every player receives equal time on the court to ensure that all players develop their skills, grow in confidence and gain great self esteem.
- Encourage great sportsmanship through passing and teamwork and support team mates and other players
- Guidance: Especially with new players it is important that coaches help players with game rules and ensure players within U10s to U16s run man to man defense
- Help players develop and improve their basketball IQ - ability to process information at game speed, the understanding of the importance of reading the flow of the game and adapting the play to suit
For further information about the domestic competition or general queries, please email the competition coordinator via email@example.com