IN THE BEGINNING:
In 1947 Marion Gould, Maisie Honey, Jess Collier & Dorothy Newton formed what was originally known as the Womens Basketball Association.
They played with one goal ring on a half court etched in the dirt opposite the Chirst Church in Sturt Street.
As the club grew they moved location to the back of the Victoria Oval. Where they staged the competition with no running water, no toilet and from a shed with a dirt floor.
Marion Gould was the founding President of what is now known, as the Echuca & District Netball Association. Dorothy Newton was the first Secretary. The competition started out, with inter church teams GFS, St. Marys, Presbyterian FA, Christ, CWA, and along the way welcomed Ordinance Factory and Bamawm Extension teams.
In circa 1950 the first team of chosen players from these teams, was fielded to play in Countryweek.
Ann Henderson the President of the Victoria Women's Association coached and was the driving force behind Marion Gould obtaining her umpire A Badge - the first in the district.
The motto " TO LOVE THE GAME BEYOND THE PRIZE".
Past and present committee members have been heavily involved in the Associations growth from the early beginning of staging a Saturday Winter Competition to staging 10 competitions and 2 Tournaments a year.
With a membership base nearing 1,000 players & officials the Association continues to offer netball for players of all ages.
Competitions are played February through till the end of November offering participation for players aged 7 year olds and onward - male & female.
Netball is no longer just a winter sport played by girls on a Saturday afternoon. EDNA stages competitions year round and promotes Umpiring & Coaching - conducting a number of courses during the season.