The ASC's AASCP is a free initiative that provides primary school children with access to sport and structured physical activity programs after school between 3pm and 5:30pm.
The program runs at over 3,200 schools and after-school care centres across Australia, giving children a positive 1st experience and builds the foundations needed for children to progress to local club sport.
The ASC manages the AASCP nationally through a countrywide network of regional coordinators who assist schools and after-school care centres to run the program, recruit and train community coaches and most importantly forge links between children and clubs.
- To enhance the physical activity of Australian primary school-aged children through a nationally coordinated program
- To provide increased opportunities for inclusive participation in quality, safe and fun structured physical activities
- To grow community capacity and stimulate local community involvement in sport and structured physical activity.
The program is open to all Australian primary schools and Childcare Benefit-approved Out of School Hours Care Services (OSHCS).
- Over 12,000 children played Softball
- 411 schools and OSHCS participated in the program
- Over 34% of these programs were delivered by national, state, and regional Softball associations, supported by accredited coaches and local Softball Clubs.
By working to develop a love of sport the AASCP inspires children with all levels of skill to join local sporting clubs.
For more information on the AASCP please contact the ASC or contact us.