Congratulations on making it to the Finals Series. It has been a short and challenging season and on behalf of the Committee and me personally I would like to thank everybody for their help and support during the last 10 weeks of our truncated regular season.
The Draw for next Saturday 12 September 2020 is attached.
The Draw includes:
- 9 Grand Final Games – 1st v 2nd highlighted in Yellow;
- Replay of week 6 washouts for Div 1 and A Grade; and
- Consolation Finals for all remaining teams.
- All games will continue to be 1 hour 20 minutes long however every Grand Final game must have a non draw result and the rules covering this are set out in Rule 10.3. (copy attached)
- Game Start Times for the Afternoon games have been delayed by 15 minutes to facilitate awarding of Level 1 certificates to some Junior Blues and so will now start at 12.15 pm, 2.00 pm and 3.45 pm;
- Presentation of Premier and Runner Up patches and Premiers shields for the Grand Final games will take place on Diamond immediately after the games have completed – more detail to issue tomorrow after NS Committee Meeting tonight;
- All advised coaching clashes have been corrected where they could be;
- Umpiring allocations have been done with the following issues taken in to account:
- Blues have been allocated to all Grand Final Games – 1st v 2nd games;
- Standard allocation of Blues to Div 1 and A Grade with the exception that the club umpiring of the bases on the 2nd Div 1 game has been replaced with Blues;
- Grand Final teams have not been allocated any umpiring responsibilities due to presentation timings and as a consequence there are some cases where the team allocated umpiring is from the same club as one of the playing teams;
- Where full games are listed to be umpired by Clubs we have tried to ensure that they umpire in the timeslot before or after their own game;
- Aa email covering the procedures for Saturday (which will be different to prior year Grand finals due to Covid restrictions) and a reminder regarding Final’s Rules will issue tomorrow following finalisation of those processes at our North Shore Committee Meeting tonight.
NSDSA Competition Convenor