Softball Macarthur is committed to providing a COVID Safe softball environment for all our members and supporters.
New and current information will be made available for the 2021/22 Summer Season. Please check back for more information.
2021/22 Season Information
We have put together some resources and guidelines as we return to training and playing at Cowpasture Reserve. These guidelines are fluid and will be updated as required.
Macarthur Ground Rules - Season 2021 - 2022
Quick List - See our full safety plan for more details
Correct as of the 25/10/2021
If you attend the games –
- come no earlier than 45 minutes before the game.
- all players / officials / spectators 16 years old and over must be double vaccinated to participate before December 1st 2021
- as a spectator, use QR signs to register your attendance.
- maintain social distancing guidelines of 1.5m between spectators / spectators groups.
- follow all directions of administrators to help stop the spread.
- stay out of the marked player/official area.
- the canteen may not be operating this year
- stay 1.5m apart whilst lining up at canteen and barbecue (if applicable)
- players/officials are not to enter the playing space until the previous team has left.
- parents/officials are to wipe down bench areas prior to and following the game.
- use hand sanitiser.
- keep the family together and observing social distancing.
- Teams are responsible to ensure the ‘dugout area’ has been cleaned prior and after the game.
- Establish and define an extended dugout area that is still providing safe areas behind nets.
- Balls are to be sanitised prior to the start of the game and any time the ball is fouled out of the game. They are to be cleaned again at the end of the game.
- Do not use the ball shoot.
- Individual equipment is encouraged. If equipment is shared it needs to be sprayed or wiped to sanitised.
- Remember the scorers seat and desk also
- teams use and keep their own balls during play.