Coach Code of Conduct
Our mission is to have…
- coaches play a positive role in the game of basketball.
- coaches act as a role model for the players and spectators.
- coaches represent their P/TSO and Canada Basketball in a professional manner.
Code of Conduct
During competition, we ask that coaches…
- remember that players play for their own enjoyment, not for yours.
- encourage the players to abide by the rules in letter and in spirit.
- respect and be courteous to the organizers, volunteer and others assisting in the staging of the event.
- set the standard for acceptable behavior for the players, support personnel and team supporters.
- take responsibility for the parents/spectators supporting their team.
- respect the officials decisions and encourage the players to do the same.
- dress appropriately for the competition:
In order to have the 2015 National Championships run in a professional matter ALL Bench Staff (coaches/trainers/managers) will have to adhere to the following guidelines regarding attire…
Acceptable Minimum: Golf Shirt / Dress Shorts or Golf Shorts / Basketball Footwear or Dress Shoes
Unacceptable: T-Shirts / Tank Tops / Sport Shorts / Track Pants / Sport Sandals / Flip Flops / Jeans / Hats
Coaches should present a professional image while on the court at all events.
Bench staff that do not follow these rules will be removed from the bench.