Planning to Attend
HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PARENTS AND SPECTATORS
Atlantica Hotel Halifax
1980 Robie Street
Halifax, NS B3H 3G5
A block of rooms have been set aside at the Atlantica Hotel in Halifax at $139.00 including parking. To book a room:
- Call the hotel directly at 1-888-810-7288 to speak to the Reservations Department and mention group code BNS or Basketball NS Nationals.
- Email email@example.com and mention group code BNS or Basketball NS Nationals.
- Use group code BNS online at www.atlanticahotelhalifax.com to book your reservation directly.
Please note: Halifax is a very popular tourist destination during August and hotel rooms are very difficult to get so please book early to avoid disappointment.
- Full service restaurant and lounge, Seasons by Atlantica, featuring breakfast, lunch and dinner service with live entertainment Thursday and Friday.
- Award-winning culinary team, featuring Culinary Team Canada member Executive Chef, Luis Clavel.
- Complimentary fresh coffee available from 5am until 7am daily.
- Complimentary wireless Internet access throughout hotel common areas, event spaces and guest rooms.
- 24-hour business centre featuring free printing, faxing and photocopying.
- Large indoor swimming pool, children’s wading pool, Jacuzzi hot tub, sauna and fitness centre, all featuring ample natural light.
- Coin operated laundry and on-site dry cleaning service.
- Underground secured parking available over four levels (valet service available at no additional cost).
- Complimentary downtown town car service is available for two hours in the morning and two hours in the evening (M-F, 7:30-9:30am and 5:30-7:30pm). The car service will transport parents to the SMU campus. Outside these hours, parents will have to walk, cab or bus.
- Flights should be booked directly to the Halifax Stanfield International Airport.
- All events on SMU campus will be held within walking distance.
- The practice gym is a 15-20 minute walk from campus. Map and transit option link here.
- The tournament hotel is a 20-30 minute walk from the SMU campus. Transit option to the SMU campus here.
Transit Ticket Information:
|Fare Category||Cash Fare||10 Tickets|
|Senior & Child||$1.75||$14.50|