Spectator Code of Conduct
Our mission is to have…
- spectators play a positive role in the game of basketball.
- spectators positively support the players, coaches and officials.
Code of Conduct
When attending a game we ask that spectators…
- remember that players play for their own enjoyment, not for yours.
- encourage the players to abide by the rules.
- respect the officials decisions and encourage the players to do the same.
- encourage the player's effort by only making positive comments.
- cheer the plays and performance of both teams.
- use only positive language when cheering.
- respect the coaches by not coaching the players during the game.
- support the coaches who volunteer their time.
- support the game of basketball by being a positive fan.
At no time should spectators go on to the basketball court or approach the team bench area. This includes the time when the players enter the court for warm up until the time when the players leave the court at the end of the game.
If a spectator does not adhere to the above code conduct, they will be asked to leave the facility.