Protection Policy and Code of Conduct
Minnow Sailing Association Victoria
Adoption of YA member protection policy
Why does the MSA require this policy?
- State clearly the expected behaviour for every level of participation in Minnow sailing.
- This document will provide a point of reference to teach our developing sailors good sportsmanship.
- By adopting and communicating this policy we are stating our values and association’s good governance.
Why the YA Member Protection Policy? (MPP)
- As a YA affiliated association we are encouraged to adopt this policy.
- Adoption of this policy affords us YA assistance to manage issues that are complicated or inappropriate to manage at the local level.
- A link to the entire YA MPP policy can be found on the MSA website.
- Competitors and guardians will agree to abide by the Code of Conduct (CoC) at membership renewal.
- Competitors and guardian agree to CoC on Trybooking for all MSAV regattas.
- Committee member can accept feedback and initiate action on potential breaches of MPP.
- Informal management through mediation may be dealt with by MSA.
- Informal management to involve three committee members.
- Serious breach of the MPP will be referred to YA for advice/management.