- Any player who is bleeding or has an open wound will be ordered by the referee to leave the court. A substitute player can be called on.
- The wound should be properly treated and the affected area completely and securely covered.
- When there is blood on the player's uniform, then the uniform must be changed. A substitute uniform may be worn and no penalty applied.
- If there is blood on the ball, it must be replaced.
- A blood kit should be used to remove any spilt blood on the floor or benches.